Friday 22 June 2012

*Heart* Hearts

I have been getting a bit daring of late and trying more and more sewing projects on my trusty old Singer machine. 



I tried these simple hearts, unfinished raw edges, a single stitched button finished with a stamped message.

I chickened out of making the alterations on my cupcake dress and enlisted my mum for help.  It's all pinned and she has taken it home to work some magic on it.

One step at a time....

Before I go I just want to say that your comments made me smile regarding the fish finger sandwich.  Even the teen (who loves mushy peas) baulked at the idea at having them in with the fish fingers.  What can I say?  Don't knock it until you have tried it.  Now then, there is a story attached to the whole fish finger sandwich saga.  It's not super funny or amazing but I think I need to share it on a layout sometime.  Scrapbooking is not something I have done for a while but I really feel the urge to scrap this story.  While typing,it has reminded me of another sandwich related memory.  Hmmm, maybe a bready blog post is needed to accommodate all the breadyness?  

Just goes to show that the simplest things can give you that creative motivation to tell a story or two.  

7 comments:

  1. Those hearts are lovely! I love the hand stamp sentiments. Very clever!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the hearts have messages on them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely hearts. will be waiting for your sandwich stories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these hearts, the stamped messages are wonderful.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous.I love the fabric and the sentiments make them even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely! For example, you have reminded me of the time my family accused me of putting a tomato sandwich in a cupboard and forgetting about it for weeks..

    I heart your hearts!

    ReplyDelete